It is not easy to find blueberries that do not cost the price of a kidney … When I find something with a reasonable price, it is a recipe for sure! Today is the turn of a delicious muffin de mirtilo low carb.
The red fruits are super recommended in low carb food, but in Brazil they are not very easy to find and in general they are expensive.
The good news is that this scenario is gradually improving: when I started low carb, the little that was found was imported, today I already find blueberries produced here in Santa Catarina, as well as frozen options that super break the branch.
Another thing that makes it more practical is that a small 100-gram tray yields a complete, super healthy and practical recipe.
And in this discussion about most expensive ingredients I always like to make comparisons that make us reflect, so here it goes: 100 gr of blueberries costs the exact same value as a bag of 100 gr of Ruffles.
Coming soon and have questions about how to get started? See complete step by step with menu and recipes
Without further ado, let’s go to the recipe!
Muffin de Mirtilo Low Carb
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- ¾ cup of sweetener (I used erythritol)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese (makes it more fluffy, if not, replace it with a tablespoon of sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream (2 if you don’t have cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tray of fresh bilberries 100 gr
Step by step
- Beat the 2 eggs with the vanilla essence, the melted butter, the cream and the cream cheese
- Add the sweetener
- Gradually add the almond flour and coconut flour, incorporating the ingredients well
- Finally add the powdered chemical yeast, incorporating well
- Add most blueberries to the batter (I reserve two to put on top of each muffin)
- Pour the dough into silicon cups greased with butter or olive oil
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 200 degrees, or until golden on top
Do you like blueberries, those little purple balls that explode in your mouth? Try this sensational low carb blueberry cheesecake recipe
Receipt of Low Carb Blueberry Muffin – Common Questions
Which flours can I substitute for?
If you replace one oilseed with another like peanut or cashew nut, the texture does not lose much. But a recipe with only coconut flour, for example, I would not do, I think everything is very fibrous.
Learn all about low carb flours on Vida Low Carb Flour Guide
I don’t have blueberries, how to replace?
The recipe indicates fresh blueberries, but if you only have access to frozen, it works too (it should be a little more moist).
It also works with cubes of strawberries, blackberries, raspberries … Fresh or frozen.
How much can I eat of the low carb blueberry muffin?
In low carb there is no recommended amount for each recipe or food, but a daily quota of total carbohydrates in grams, keeping the quota you will have a result.
What did you think of the recipe? How about preparing for a low carb snack accompanied by afternoon tea or coffee?