Seriously: the only problem with this low carb strawberry cheesecake is that it makes you want to play with everything!
I confess that I am slightly compulsive, because it is too good!
On the days that I make cheesecake I end up eating it for breakfast, after dessert, then for afternoon snack … And look, I don’t have a habit of snacking, breakfast or dessert! In 2 days it was over. He feeds very well because of the cream cheese, for me he decorates with any meal!
It is not a cheap recipe, especially because of cream cheese, in addition to low carb flours. You could use a ricotta with no salt in place, hitting the processor. I never used it, I would have to test it to speak better.
Get ready to share: those who don’t make low carb don’t believe that it doesn’t have sugar and wheat flour … My kids super wrinkle their nose at my low carb cakes – but they like the cheesecake!
About low carb flours:
In this recipe I use cashew nut flour, but can substitute for another oilseed.
I am not that person who tests zillions of flours. Every time I go to the natural store there is a new type, I love to see what the new flours are but I always buy them.
I always have a little of each: almonds, cashews, peanuts and coconut, so I take the cup and create a mix.
If you substitute one oilseed for another, the texture does not lose much, but a recipe with only coconut flour, for example, I would not do, I think everything is very fibrous.
To give it a little wet, I like to put a little dry coconut without sugar. The psyllium is very fibrous and does not taste like anything and gives an interesting texture, I like to put a little in the dough of the cheesecake, quiche and bread as well.
Without further ado, let’s go for the low carb strawberry cheesecake!
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake – Ingredients
- 2 boxes of strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of sweetener (erythritol or xylitol)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 jar of cream cheese (if you want it higher use two or the larger 300 gr pack)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 diluted gelatin envelope as per package instructions
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of cashew nut flour
- ½ cup of psyllium
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener (I used erythritol)
- 1 this
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake – Step by Step
First the dough:
- In a bowl make a mixture of the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg and the softened butter.
- Incorporate well with your hands.
- If it gets sticky, use a little more than one of the flours to thicken (it can be a little of each until it is easy to shape).
- Make a ball, flatten it and start to distribute the dough evenly on the bottom in a way. removable from 20-25 cm.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes and when you reach the end of the time, turn off and release the edge of the dough from the pan with a knife, before it dries (to avoid breaking).
Now the jelly:
- Chop the strawberries into small cubes and place in a pan.
- Add water, sweetener and lemon juice.
- Stir until well reduced (patience, it will take about 15 minutes).
- Store in a pot to cool.
(This jam goes very well with a low carb bread!)
Finally the cream:
- Dilute unflavored gelatin envelope according to the package step by step.
- In a blender, beat the cream cheese, the cream, the vanilla essence and the dissolved gelatin.
- Add the cream to the dough and leave it in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Remove, place the strawberry jam and return to the refrigerator for another hour before serving.
If you liked this recipe, you will like some variations:
And if you consider yourself to be a real ant … You will like the ideas in the digital book Low Carb for Ant: download totally free here.
If you do, I want to know how it turned out, see? Take the opportunity to buy the ingredients and prepare for the weekend!